New D&D 5e Campaign: Heist of the Apocalypse, with House GM Jim on the Thursdays of February 1st, 15th, and 29th, from 6pm to 11pm, 6 Seats Maximum
Location:2202 Heads Lane, Carrollton, TX, USA
Cost:$30.00 per person
About this experience
Greetings Adventurers, I hope this post finds you well!
We will be playing "Waterdeep: Heist of the Apocalypse" - this is a combination of Dragon Heist, Princes of the Apocalypse, and Dungeon of the Mad Mage. The adventure will start at level 1, and is planned to continue to 20th level. The campaign includes plenty of intrigue, mystery, roleplay, diplomacy, dungeon and outdoor combat encounters, while allowing for the party to own property within the city and build relationships along the way. The party will find their feet within the grand city, making allies and enemies along the way. During their adventures, threats to the city itself and the surrounding region will arise, challenging the players' skills in many ways. A wide variety of NPC interactions and monster encounters await the adventurers!
I will be using lore and content from 1st edition through 5th edition, and we will start with a 1368 DR timeline (the launch of the "grey box", the origin date for the Forgotten Realms) - this should preclude any concerns about pre-existing knowledge and worries about excess lore. Any necessary documents will be shared with the playgroup as needed.
A few things to note:
1) Waterdeep: Dragon Heist contains plenty of Roleplay and Dialog opportunities, while still having plenty of excellent combat encounters.
2) Most of the campaign will take place in Waterdeep and the Dessarin Valley to the north; this will NOT be a wide-ranging, travel heavy campaign.
3) The scenarios within the campaign REQUIRE a cohesive, collaborative group; "Murder Hobos", "I'm the Star", or "I'm a Troll" players need not apply.
4) this will be a 5th edition RAW - administered campaign, with setting-appropriate races and classes (still plenty to choose from).
5) WD:DH has the potential to be a light-hearted (bordering on silly) campaign, BUT it can switch gears extremely quickly...players will need to be versatile in their approaches to problems and interactions.
My name is Jim, and I am grateful to be a part of the team at RPG Dungeons. I have a very long history with gaming; starting with BECMI Dungeons and Dragons and continuing through all five editions. I am currently managing several long-running 5th edition games and have been DM’ing the 5e system for three years.. I have been playing tabletop games since I was 11 years old, both RPG and tactical/strategy, including D&D, Twilight:2000, Cyberpunk 2020, Battletech, Squad Leader, Star Fleet Battles (and many more).
I am well-versed in 5th edition D&D and I am looking forward to hosting games of all sorts. I have a focus on classic D&D content and settings, updated for current rulesets. I specialize in updating classic modules and content for use in the 5e rule system, and will offer a selection of short adventures and campaigns based on settings including Greyhawk, Mystara, Planescape and Forgotten Realms.
I believe that D&D is a collaborative game, with the key word being game. I do my very best to administer my games as close to official 5e rules as possible; I want our focus to be on enjoying the game with each other, with everyone working within the same ruleset and expectation. I can offer either a learning experience for brand new players, a tactical experience for moderately skilled players, or very challenging adventures for the more experienced players - all while experiencing the history and classics of our hobby! Please sign up for discord, facebook and our newsletter so we can get something rolling!